2022 GNF ApplicationThe Good Neighbor Fund (GNF) was founded in 2007 and is held and managed in an endowment by the University of Minnesota. The Stadium Area Advisory Group serves as the fund's board with representatives from local governments and neighborhood and business associations adjacent to the Twin Cities campus.
Formed with the purpose of enhancing and protecting the beauty, serenity, and security of the community we are part of, the University of Minnesota has awarded more than seven hundred thousand dollars of Good Neighbor Fund grants to community and local government partners for 128 projects.
Grant recipients have used the Good Neighbor Fund to implement projects that range from crime prevention and neighborhood building, to beautification of public spaces and the arts. Recent projects include the preservation of murals in Dinkytown, the cultivation of hanging gardens in the Towerside neighborhood, and the painting of picnic tables and benches with support from local artist Ifrah Mansour in the Cedar-Riverside neighborhood.
Good Neighbor Fund 2022 Grant Cycle Community Meeting
Hear about past project successes, what makes a good application, what the Board is looking for in project ideas, the amount we will be providing for projects and the 2022 theme.
2023 GNF Grant Cycle Timeline
- January 5 - Board meeting to discuss 2023 GNF Grant Cycle
- January 12 - Application Opens and 2023 Kick Off Community Meeting at Van Cleve Park 6:30-8:30pm
- February 7 - Open Office Hours 9:00-10:00am ZOOM LINK (added here day of event)
- February 23 - Open Office Hours 1:00-2:00pm ZOOM LINK (added here day of event)
- March 30 - Applications due by 5pm
- April 10 - Projects will be distributed to the GNF Board for their review
- April 21 - Board returns grant applications rating sheets
- May 3 - 1st GNF Board meeting to review projects
- May 9 - 2nd GNF Board meeting to review projects
- May 11 - Organizations will be notified of grant awards
- May 15-22 - Grant recipients must sign and return their grant agreement prior to their first check disbursement
- May 23 - First Disbursement Check will be Issued
- Second Disbursement upon completion if project is over $5,000
2022 Good Neighbor Fund grants
The Stadium Area Advisory Group board approved $80,000 available in total grant funds for the year 2022 from the Good Neighbor Fund endowment. We encourage applications for projects that reflect the long-term purpose of the U of M Good Neighbor Fund, which is to promote the beauty, stability, vitality, and security of the communities adjacent to the University of Minnesota’s Twin Cities campus.
Eligible applicants must be member organizations of the University of Minnesota Stadium Area Advisory Group, and must be duly organized and incorporated and have systems in place to ensure financial accountability. Member organizations of the Stadium Area Advisory Group are:
- Marcy-Holmes Neighborhood Association
- Prospect Park Association
- Saint Anthony Park Community Council
- South East Como Improvement Association
- West Bank Business Association
- Dinkytown Business Alliance
- South East Business Association
- City of Falcon Heights
- City of Minneapolis
- City of Saint Paul
- Hennepin County
- Ramsey County
- Minnesota State Fair
- University of Minnesota Student Neighborhood Liaison Program
- Towerside Business Alliance
- Cedar Riverside Community Council
*Each Member organization can serve as fiscal agents for other organizations if approved.
Grant Application Process
Representatives from organizations in the campus area communities will review grant applications and make recommendations for funding. Grant applications are invited once each year. Funding recommendations are presented in May. Grant agreements are finalized and notifications will go out in May. Unless by special arrangement, grant activities are expected to be completed within one year. Staffing for the Good Neighbor Fund is provided by the University of Minnesota Office of Government and Community Relations.
Read full application process here: Good Neighbor Fund Request for Applications 2021
Please direct questions to [email protected].